Do you want to learn how to tie a four-in-hand tie knot that you can rely on every day? The Four-In-Hand knot is timeless and the must know knot for all men. It is easy to tie and its slender and tapered design works best with wide neckties made from heavy fabrics. The simplicity and versatility makes the Four-In-Hand an easy go-to for professionals.
Follow the four-in-hand tie knot instructions below to learn how to tie this iconic knot.
- Drape the tie around your neck and position it so the end of the narrow side rests just above your belly button
- Cross the wide end over the narrow end
- Wrap the wide end under the narrow end
- Bring the wide end across the front of the narrow end
- Move the wide end up into the neck loop from underneath
- Drop the wide end down through the loop just created in the front
- Pull down on the wide end to tighten the knot. Slide the knot up and adjust for the perfect fit
For your next business meeting, date night or networking event, pair your favorite button down shirt with a new tie from our thoughtfully curated collection of neckwear and use the Four-In-Hand knot. Add a shiny metal tie bar to really stand out.